Search on This Blog

1/24/10

Up and Down, style's everywhere...

I was wandering along the streets of old Florence, my eyes wild open, but I almost missed that beautiful drawing of The Girl With The Pearl Earing on the pavement. Actually I almost stepped on it, oups, not very arty right?
I thought that was just so well done and completly coming-out-of-nowhere. A few meters away two men were drawing another painting still on the ground. You don't wanna go into a museum? well go down the streets of Florence, it could be just as amazing!
The day after, I went back there but the drawings had all vanished. I'm glad I had the chance to shoot them before they went away.


I saw that man coming up from the far end of the sidewalk, I thought mmm this man seems to have something interesting. So I just waited for him to walk by me and I wasn't dissappointed! I mean come on! look at the style he has! The great red hat, the green coat, scarf and gloves! but above all, I love all the rings he got on each finger! Plus, the smoking attitude adds to the look.

I took this one on the Ponte Vecchio. I was lucky that night, the blue of the sky and the Arno was really deep and the lights on the opposite bridge were nice. Actually when I saw that it made me think about Van Gogh. I'm pretty sure if VG had lived in our century he would have been one hell of a photographer! Anyway, Florence by Night? Delizioso!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to go to NY wiz you sweety :) We'll take wonderful pics in the city.
    You're doing a great job! Very talented.. Encore encore des photos ! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete