Search on This Blog

8/28/10

I wonder how the cavemen lived without knowing music...


Maybe it's the weather -pretty crappy for the summer-or I don't know, but lately I've felt like settling in my old brown leather sofa, a drink in the right hand, my mom's old-1964-Pioneer-stereo turntable near the other, and listening to some awesome old sound. Between the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, The Pink Floyd, The Who, and above all... Simon and Garfunkel! My Little Town, Cecilia, Bridge Over Troubled Water, El Condor Pasa and of course Mrs Robinson -from one hell of a great movie. But the first and only track that ever gave me intense goose bumps , as far as I can recall, is The Boxer. The last 1 minute and a half: simply Indescribable.

1 comment:

  1. They're great indeed, and The Boxer is definitely one of their best!
    My personal "above all", though, would be Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of The Moon.
    From the same period, try Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan, you won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete