Search on This Blog

9/22/10

BankMen


I ran into old family pictures yesterday and I just couldn't stop looking at them. From my grandmother's wedding day at Saint Germain des Près, to my mom's first steps, my grand parents' first 1936-paid vacations or a simple 1948-sunday-afternoon out in the Luxembourg garden. I love what they emit, from the deep light of the pictures, to the very detail. I chose to show you that one -one of my favorite FYI- it's a simple work day at the bank for my grand father (second from the left). I just love the setting, the suits of the bankworkers, the look on their faces, the way their hair is perfectly combed, and the moustach even! I guess this picture was shot around 1935. 75 years later banks haven't really changed, have they? Well, except maybe for the small I-love-to-take-a-break-every-10-minutes sweaty guy at the reception...

No comments:

Post a Comment