Search on This Blog

10/7/10

Hope is in the air...


Yesterday was a quick-but-great stay in Lausanne, Switzerland. I just couldn't miss the beautiful Hopper exhibition. But first things first... after 45 minutes stuck between two massive men on the plane, the first thing I had to visit was... the restrooms. Oops! sorry, the money exchange booth! Yeah, if you wanna pee there... don't ever forget to have 1 Franc in your pocket. Anyways, I finally got to the Hermitage Foundation and indulged in art staring for hours. From the simple-yet-awesome sketches to the wonderful paintings, here I got nostalgic about my dear America. He just managed to capture not only the landscapes, cities and people, but also the light that is so special to America. I just love what his work emits. From a dinner, to a road and a hotel room... he just managed to "shoot" what I like most about America: A strong simplicity full of emotions that funnily appeals to everyone, even to american detractors...
I finished the day wandering on the Leman Lac's banks, staring at the amazing Mont Blanc and mountain chains, drinking a nice swiss red wine.


Edward Hopper Gas, 1940




Road trip 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment