Search on This Blog

10/3/10

The pipeman...


Here is a funny, cool and amazing art collector. He's my dad's best friend. As far as I can recall, I've always seen him with a pipe... and a smile too. He's the one who taught me how to cheat playing card games at 6, and who taught me that boys are "des p'tits salauds"at 14.
His art gallery, near Saint Michel is worth dropping by. But the greatest place to see is his home. A privilege for me. A comfy apartment filled with beautiful-yet-sometimes-weird art. Whenever I go there, I discover another piece of art I didn't notice the previous time. "Is it a block of concrete in your bedroom?" ... yeah, ok, try a unique designed night table ; or there's this funny little drawing in the corridor, I've always enjoyed staring at... yeah, a Giacometti...
This home feels like a museum, a bit messy, but you know, sometimes messiness just fits. So C, this post is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment