Search on This Blog

10/10/10

Waking up in NY...


I worked in NY a couple of years ago. This was my bedroom's window. I would wake up, stay in bed another 10 or 15 minutes and finally violently rush out of bed because of the huge scary pigeons landing near my window. Then I would wait for my roomy's last-night bootycall Salvatore, David, or sometimes Greg, to finish using the bathroom, and introduce myself to avoid them an early heart attack. Quick shower, grab a baggel and get to work. My roomate was such a character. R is a 50-something-fashion-designer. He used to show at Bergdorf and Goodman, now, well, mostly in this living room. His place is just a mess, and that's probably what I like most there. There's fabric, sketches and threads everywhere. His fridge is always empty or contain some very-doutful eggs and cheese. He often took that strange pose to relieve his sciatic area because he sits almost 24/7 at his sweing table. And you know what? he knows it all! He taught me so many things... like "a hair dryer?! It's bad for the hair!" or, "A vaccum? nooo, but I have a broom!", "You should never eat fruits after 5.00 pm"... true story, this man is just unique. So this post is for him. R, can't wait to see you again, keep up scoring and oh yeah, please, please, don't even think about eating that weird brown thing in the fridge -which, I'm sure, is still there...

1 comment: