Search on This Blog

11/9/10

What's your favorite scary movie...


So this weekend, my friends and I were hanging out watching horror movies. Yeah I know, Halloween's over, but a shitty grey and rainy weekend is just perfect to crash, eat, drink and give the creeps to your friends. So we got to reminisce about the very first horror movie we saw. I remember mine. I was 7. It was Psycho. Many moments in that film marked my brain. Like, the house behind the motel, the famous shower scene, or when Norman talks all alone. No spoiler alert there right, who hasn't seen Psycho! But, one scene that really touched me, is when Janet Leigh is driving at night shortly after the beginning of the movie, all stressed out, looking at her rear view mirror, knowing she did something bad, both excited and scared. Because at this moment you know she's still safe and that she could run away with all the money, but you also feel she's just about to live something terrible, you just can feel it. You don't know what yet, but you can feel it. So that's when your imagination knows no limit and starts inventing creeping scenario... Oh and did I mention that my older brothers forced me to watch it tough I was 7 and completely terrified hidding myself behind the living room cushions... And it was just the beginning, yeah... then came Predator, Alien, The Shinning, The Silence of the Lambs... So, I'm gonna ask you one question -yeah, the same question the fucked-up teen weirdo asked on the phone with his white mask on in Scream... What's your favorite scarie movie?



'Bout the picture: I shot it on a store on Hollywood Boulevard, L.A 2005.

1 comment:

  1. Well, my list is pretty much the same as yours! Nevertheless, you should try "Repulsion" or "Rosemary's Baby" by Roman Polanski. In "Rosemary's Baby", Rosemary Woodhouse & her husband Guy move into an apartment in an old gothic building in NYC called the Bramford. Soon the young couple is warned that the Bramford has a disturbing history involving witchcraft and murder, but they choose to overlook this. They should have been more careful... The stars are Mia Farrow & John Cassavetes, and it's just great!

    ReplyDelete